Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Independence day!

Today we started our own family tradition that I hope continues for as long as we live in Leonia -- participating in the town's annual "Run for Fun" race (I am still trying to figure out the fun part of it). As I prepared to run a 5K race, my family cheered me up from a distance. One day, I hope, my kids join me running around the block race for the kiddies, then 1 mile race and maybe even 5K race with me.


Believe it or not, I made it without needing a medical attention that was cruising around in the ambulance.


I even managed to get a trophy for a second place among the women in my age category. Shortly after, my kids were banging it on a street.


Once the "ceremony" ended, we headed to our friends and neighbours for a BBQ. The grilled food and homemade dessert were so amazing that not only did I replenish the calories I lost while running in the race, I consumed more than I'll be able to lose even if I run every single day this week. Oh, well, it was definitely worth it. Needless to say, it was both my lunch and dinner for that day. Julia had her first taste of pizza and a hot dog today and as expected, she approves of them. David, on the other hand, is another story. He hasn't had any lunch nor dinner today.
Baby Mina and her brother Jordan were perfect hosts sharing their toys as well as their table. As an older playmate (she is 20 days older than Julia), Mina showed my daughter how her toys work.

And later they had their own race on the deck.


The kids slept almost till their dinner time and so did I. Even though it rained later on, the day couldn't have been more perfect. As the day's approaching to an end and we are putting the kids to bed, I am off to run those 7 miles.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohmigog, congratulations!!! What an awesome way to celebrate the holiday! And a trophy too - which the little ones are treating as a toy, ok...but still.

Way to go Nataliya! You rock.

S