Saturday, June 2, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday, Kayla!

Seth's been trying to convince me to start my own blog for the last 2 years (since our son, David, was born) and so have some of my friends. My excuse -- a busy life with a toddler and a newborn. Well, a newborn is not so new anymore and a toddler loves taking his naps during which, I assume, I'll be writing on this blog. I doubt I'll be frequently posting on this site, but I'll try my best to keep everyone updated on our munchkins' busy lives. Seth's been doing a great job posting the pictures of the kids on www.panix.com/~smeyer/Baby, but it is not as often as both of us would like. The original website is active and will be updated by Seth once in a while.


There is no better topic to start this site off than wishing a happy birthday to our kids' cousin, Kayla, who is turning 1 year old this coming Tuesday. But we couldn't wait till Tuesday, so we celebrated her Birthday today and what a Birthday party it was! The Birthday girl looked adorable as she always does, but it didn't hurt that she was really dressed up for the occassion. Here she is posing with her mommy, Uncle Seth and Julia.


The festivities started off with testing some of the Birthday presents and I believe they were a hit with the kiddies. Bubble bottles and the ride in an oversized wagon! What's next? What's next?

Next came the lady with a guitar hanging over her shoulder and pretty cool musical toys. For those of you who know anything about my son David, know that he loooooves listening to the music, playing instruments and staring motionlessly at the people while they are singing. Here are some pictures to prove my point:










The party wouldn't be completed without bubbles of course!


David had an incredible time and it didn't even matter that he attended a 45 min music class this morning. He never gets bored of jumping endlessly to a musical beat. Thank you, Aunt Samara and Uncle Glenn!

Julia was busy "chatting" with her Uncle Jared who visited from the West Coast to attend the party.


Laughing at Daddy making silly faces





She is sure a happy baby!





On the way home Seth kept saying how adorable David was and how lucky we are to have such good kids. We truly are, but it is always easier when other people entertain them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks like a seriously awesome party. It makes me feel even more stressed out thinking about m's birthday this summer. Argh.