Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dusting off cobwebs.


I realize it's been awhile since I posted here. I'm actually considering quitting this place. What's the point of keeping it up if I barely update it? The reason I don't blog more often is I don't find much satisfaction in writing here. This blog has never been a place where I express what's really on my mind and I am sort of "faking" it here since the pictures I post are not the true story of my life. I just feel as though I'm deceiving anyone who comes here to check out what we've been up to.

That said, what and where have been up to lately? David goes through different changes so rapidly that I can barely keep up with him. After I convince myself that he hates his sister ("I don't want a sister, I want a brother" and constantly annoying her), he proves to me that he would move mountains for her. At times, I awe at his generosity, consideration and love for her.



Seth decided to involve David with a cub scout organization. As long as I don't have to bring him to their meetings, I couldn't be happier for them especially when two of them went camping for an entire weekend with the organization.



David's sense of fashion drives me crazy. He is into button down shirts, jeans that have to be certain length and sweaters (no sweatshirts). He won't ware anything that says 4t or 6t on it. The mornings before school don't look good if there's no ironed button down shirt in his closet. It doesn't matter that he has a gym that day. Right now I'm knitting him a vest, so hopefully, he'll like wearing it on top of his shirt.


We took the kids to the "Bubble Show" on Broadway and David was one of the kids chosen to help out on a stage. It didn't go well with Ms. Jealousy. Thankfully, David shared his gift with her.



We did the usual fall activities : pumpkin and apple picking, Bronx Zoo during the Halloween celebration, pumpkin carving, lots of Halloween parties and going trick-or-treating. David found a Darth Vader costume at one of the garage sales and decided to use it during Halloween (yay!) and Julia went as a Super Girl.

Julia really surprises me with her personality. She has never been a very girly girl. Yes, there was a year when she'd refused to wear pants and she used to dress up in some of the princess dresses. But she never liked playing with dolls. She will still chose to play a board game over any activity. Her favorite game nowadays? Trouble. The hours she spends playing it per day? At least 2.

She's been wearing a princess cape, white Minnie Mouse gloves and her rain boots everywhere for awhile pretending to be a Super girl. David told me that next year he wants to be Indiana Jones for Halloween because it would make Julia happy. She's obsessed with super heroes and adventurers . She loves when David reads his beginning books about super heroes to her and she's pretty much memorized all the information about them.

She reminds me of David at her age. He used to wake up earlier than anyone and head straight to their arts and crafts table and do his projects. Julia does the same thing now except she wakes up anytime from 3 to 5 am in the morning and refuses to go back to bed. Without any naps she surprisingly functions pretty well during the day.












Whew, it was a long catch up post. Hopefully, it won't be too long before I write another post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking at all the fall pictures makes me so homesick. I know I shouldn't complain, but fall and halloween are just about my favorite time of the year. Everyone looked great in their costumes.

I know what you mean about the fake aspect of blogging. When you put the pictures up, it always seems like life looks so wonderful; and it never reflects the other part of your life that you don't blog about. Like me, yelling at my kids to eat dinner, or breaking up yet another fight the two of them have gotten into, or sticking one of both of them into time out.

But, at the same time, what I do like about posting the happy pictures, is that it reminds me there are good memories, in between some of the not to pleasant ones. And when I need to be cheered up, I can go to the website. Either that, or open up a bottle of wine.

miss you!

Sadaf