Friday, April 23, 2010

Girly and Twirly.

I've been keeping myself busy with a few knitting projects for Julia. I finished knitting them awhile ago, but I kept putting off sewing some pieces together and blocking them. So, without further ado, let me introduce you a breezy summer skirt . I loved knitting it. It was so easy and I learned at least 2 new techniques with this project. Julia loves twirly skirts and dresses and as soon as she put it on, she started spinning around.



One of her ballet moves.





The skirt is a bit long for her now, so hopefully it will fit her well in the fall. But it's not as long as the first version of it that I knitted. I made it in a 5-7 year old size and it could probably fit a friend of mine who is size 0. I kept it because considering how big Julia's appetite is, she'll fit into it in no time.


Second successful knitting project was this adorable twirly skirt . It came out larger than a previous one, but I think Julia can pull off wearing it now. I feel as though I'll be knitting this pattern again and again in bigger sizes. It's so easy and I can use scraps of yarn that I have left over from other projects.


Julia enjoyed wearing the skirt while practicing her ballet moves, but will she actually take it off the hanger and wear it to school? I doubt it unless I don't do her laundry for weeks.



The End. Time to get this homemade stuff off and put something with a label on.

David's been asking me to knit him a pair of slippers (yes, he wears slippers in a house). I found this pattern and considering making them in blue. Of course, if Julia sees them, she'll request one pair in pink.
I think I have enough knitting projects to last me throughout the pool season.

No comments: