Saturday, October 11, 2008

Creating.

Once in a while I have an urge to create something. I don't mean something that involves child size scissors, color paper, a stick of glue or a stick or two of butter. That usually involves the kids. My sort of "creating" occurs after the kids go to sleep while I'm watching repeats of old "House" episodes and continuing through "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" ... and beyond.
The other day as David decided to skip his nap and sat on the floor, quietly copying the book titles into his notebook, he inspired me to create as well. So that night I knitted a hat for Julia which seemed appropriate considering we are in the middle of the fall.


I think Julia approved of it. She loved getting all the compliments the next day and telling everybody that "Mama made it for me".


Unfortunately, the hat came out a bit too small, so it was back to the drawing board. The next night, I made another one that was a bit larger. And what of the first hat that was too small? David inherited it! For some reason, he took to the undersized hat. He even wore it when he went to sleep tonight! I promised David to make him a blue hat that would be his size - after all, it only takes a few hours to knit. But knowing him, he'll probably insist on wearing the small purple hat anyway.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're so good! Whipping that up in a night sounds amazing to me. And it's so sweet David wants one for himself! Great pic of Julia!