Sunday, February 13, 2011

Out of My Comfort Zone.

David and I made it back to Campgaw mountains for a second time. This kid ... he doesn't stop to amaze me. He is so different when it's just him and me. It seems as though he wants to take care of me and not the other way around.



Back to skiing. For every time I went down a hill, he made it 3 times. He had such a control of his body, that he would just zoom right back on line whereas it took me awhile to stop and then head back up to the back of the line. He was basically skiing by himself. I didn't mind as long as he didn't insist on going back to a ski lift.




No such luck. After thirty minutes skiing on a "bunny" slop, he insisted on going to a ski lift. He held my hand while we were up in the air, told me not to look down and insisted that a lift is really safe. He was cruising around the trees like a pro not falling down even once. He asked me to go all the way on the highest hill. No way. It's beyond going out of my comfort zone. It's stepping out of my body. I'll pay someone to take him there next year.

By the end he got bored a little bit. He needs to be challenged all the time and when he succeeds at something, it's not interesting for him anymore. Add to it waiting in line for 10-15 minutes and my 5 year old is ready to climb the highest mountains .... literally and figuratively.

A really good day indeed.


No comments: